Wednesday, March 25, 2009

For Soldiers John and Mike

The KDT has adopted 2 soldiers who are son in laws of one of the KDT members and they are both currently serving in Iraq. It was my turn to make a card for John this week. My friend Vicki's nephew, Mike, is currently serving in Afghanistan. She let me 'adopt' him too! I wanted to do more than just a card to show my appreciation for everything they are doing for us.

I made them each a box of goodies. The kids had so much fun picking out what to send them. And if you know me well enough, you know I bought a bag of the malted milk balls for myself too! :)


I decided to go simple with the card. I loved this picture and basically made the card around it. I included a very sincere thank you message to both of them on the inside. It's a small gesture compared to the sacrifices they are making. I hope they enjoy it. I can't wait for my next turn this summer for Soldier Brad.

1 comment:

Kath said...

I think that is so incredibly KIND that you have done this! I KNOW that both of the soldiers will really appreciate your thoughtfulness, Sue!