Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MMSC21 - Gurly Girl


Happy Tuesday Morning! We are at week #21 with Midnight Madness! We are at the beginning of a new month and our sponsor is Gurly Girl. She has some adorable images! Isn't this one so sweet? She's called Winter Girl. If you can click on this picture, enlarge it to see the details. I went nuts with the Stickles!

Also, look at the new Chelsea White flowers I added to the store last week. What's unique about these is they are dry embossed and I added Stickles just to the raised areas. Very pretty and GURLY in person!! I also used the Pearl Flower Centers for the first time! They are WAY TOO EASY to use! I wanted to show you just how easy!



I cut out the one I wanted to use in the center of this flower.

Here's just a close up of how pretty it is.

I peeled it off and it's all in one piece. You can hardly even see the adhesive that keeps it all together!

Stuck it down! And here you can see the Stickles on the dry embossing of the Chelsea White flower. That's it!!
Our Weekly sponsor this week is Belle's and Whistles! Check them out!

Oh and before I forget, be sure to check out the prize Priscilla has up for grabs worth $1295.00!!!! As if I could actually forget something that awesome! LOL!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping!

Stamps: Gurly Girl Winter Girl
Inks: SU! Basic Black, SU Markers
Papers: SU! Watercolor, Chocolate Chip, DSP, Sitka Spruce, Bubinga
Accessories/Embellishments: Sewing machine, Aqua Painter, Frosted Lace Stickles, Chelsea White Prima Flowers, Say it in Pearls - Brown and Blue, Organdy Ribbon, Scallop Square Nesties,

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's beautiful Sue! And that flower is absolutely gorgeous!

kimmie kaye said...

thanks for the mini tutorial. I just love your wood paper. I am hoping to try sonme out this week.

kimmie kaye
Midnight Madness Design Team
www.kimmiekayedesigns.blogspot.com

Shawne said...

It is beautiful in blue Sue, I love your new embossed flowers and the way you added the bling to it, so pretty!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Sue,

Love the blue AND the wood on this card, everything goes together so nicely. Great flower and great new bling you have at your store. Love seeing how you are using it. Thanks, Jane

Chelsea said...

Hi Sue, A girl can never get enough Stickles! LOL I also love stickles and I use it on all my projects! Love that you color her hair the same color tone as the wood paper. What a great way to bring all the colors together. Beautiful card! Thanks for using Winter Girl on your card! :)Chelsea

Carol Hurlock said...

Sue this is strikingly beautiful. I spotted the wood...I am going on a wood kick now myself. I fell asleep last night thinking how to use it and how to incorporate it. Huh, I got an idea just before I went to dreamland...and boy if it works...it will be different. I'll surprise you. Great card and such sweet details...tfs

Hugs,
Carol
chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

Carolyn said...

Your card is so beautiful! The wood really gives you the feel of outside on this one. That flower is gorgeous, and I love how you made the middle that pretty with just that little touch. Thanks for sharing that with us. I love your card!

Carolyn

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Sue, this is just SO pretty with the wood paper adding such a natural feel too! I NEED those pearls you put on your flower! LOL!!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Sue!! I just love your coloring and the blue looks so awesome with your wood paper!! Love your stickles and the pearl gems on the inside of your flowers!! Beautiful take on the sketch!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Sue I love how you did the wood paper background. What a beautifully done Gurlee Girl Card! Great coloring and details!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Thanks for showing the pearls in the middle of the flower, Sue! Now I plan to give it a try on my card :) Awesome card! xox ~Jeni

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Sue, your card is so pretty and makes me want to find snow!!! The blue and white against the wood background is the perfect combination! Now you know I have to try those flowers out!! You've done such a gorgeous job with Chelsea's little snow girl!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sue - oh my giddy aunt I have to comment on your beautiful fingernails first - lovely!! Okay back to business! I love this card, that Winter Girl looks amazing in the sparkly blue and contrasts so well with the woodgrain! Your flowers are DIVINE!! Thanks for sharing and for all of your support! God bless you

Priscilla said...

Hey Sue..those pearl flower centers are so pretty.. I may have to get me some :)