Monday, February 8, 2010

Digital Stamp for Charity!


I wanted to start this in January, but you know how fast flies. From today until the end of February, the sales from the image above will go to Make A Wish Foundation Charity!!!

The image will sell for $3.00 and $2.50 will go to Make A Wish Foundation. (The other 50 cents is to cover the Paypal processing fees. If only I could get them to waive their fees.)

Why did I choose Make A Wish Foundation? I have been blessed with 3 healthy children. We have had a few medical scares with them the required surgeries but all were curable. They were very scarey times and I just can not imagine what the parents and children with terminal illnesses are going through. I am very thankful for my childrens health. In the past, the kids and I have had a lemonade stand at garage sales to raise money for Make A Wish Foundation. We have plans to do it again this summer. :) We received a free Lemonade Stand from Sunkist for our efforts! :) I think its important for those of us that can help in our own small ways, to step up and do what we can. This is my small way to make a BIG difference in maybe one or two childrens short little lives. Please join me in putting a BIG SMILE on a sweet childs face and making their biggest dream come true!!! On March 1st, I will make a copy of the check that I send to Make A Wish Foundation and post it in the newsletter for you all to see what big hearts and how generous you all are. Be sure to tell your friends so we can make a big difference for a child!!! And, you have to sign up for the newsletter to find out how successful this was!

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great stamp and a terriffic charity. This is a charity that is close to my heart as my daughter is on the list. Thanks your for giving us a chance to help out.

Kristine said...

This is such a wonderful thing you're doing Sue! Cute stamp for charity. Your story is touching and I just posted this on my blog today.

My family raises money for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of C. Oregon because my daughter had to stay in NICU for about a month and the RMDH was such a lifesaver for us! I took my girls on a trip last year to show them the house and explain what a help it was to us. We also made Valentine's and took them to sick children in the hospital and we collect pop tabs through 2 churches in town to donate. It's great for us to do what we can to give back and brighten the lives of these cildren (especially ones with life-threatening illnesses).

Many blessings!!