Monday, June 13, 2011

New Design Team ANNOUNCED!

We are so excited to share with you our
NEWEST DESIGN TEAM MEMBERS! 

We've added 5 new FANTASICALLY talented ladies!

Introducing...



I live in Maryland with my husband, dad and my precious fur babies. We have four beautiful grandsons & two daughters.

I've been retired for the past 11 years after working for 35 years with the Government. My love for crafting began as a small child introduced to me by my Mom. A Christmas did not go by without getting a craft under the tree. My Mom was my mentor who shared her love for crafting with me. I began seriously crafting when I retired using my computer as the main tool. I began drawing templates of gift bags & boxes using my computer and Paint Shop Pro. I would create layouts for the templates by using digital scrapbook papers and embellishments. I did this for 9 years. Then one day a new guest came to my home and his name was Cricut. I joined lots of crafting groups online and I was amazed at all the wonderful things you could make with the Cricut. My interest then turned to making greeting cards and I've been making them for the past two years to present. So in the interim I've learned to use rubber stamps, coloring with Copic markers, water coloring with Distress Inks, and currently coloring with Prisma color pencils. And now I am using digital stamps to decorate my cards too. I guess you can say that I have a passion for paper, pretty paper.

I am so honored to be part of the Design Team with McMahon Five Designs where I will share my love for crafting. And hope my creations will inspire you.



I have used needle and thread as my ‘artistic’ outlet almost exclusively since I was a pre-schooler (think needle, wool and ‘pictures’ on my dolls blankets.) This was followed by sewing for myself and then my family, knitting, smocking, various other types of embroidery, crochet lace, needle lace then bobbin lace making.

About 11 years ago I was introduced to, and subsequently seduced by, stamping, and card making........ I dare not try scrap-booking, my DH would despair. I cannot say that I have any one particular genre, rather I am an eclectic card maker, tending to CAS, but able to ramp it up if I feel in the mood!!

I have done one other DT stint, and was honoured to be asked to be on the DT for McMahon 5 Design.



Hi there! My name is Michelle, I live in sunny Florida and I am a stay at home paper crafter.

I live with my husband, my sister, two cats and our dog. I have a daughter who just graduated college and my son works in investment finance. Life is good.

I first started this crafting journey when a friend of mine hooked me up with ATC cards four years ago. From there I fell in love with making cards, then altered items and scrapbook pages.

Now, I teach card making to a wonderful group of ladies at our community club house. Not a day goes by that I am not in my craft room working on something. Love it!




Hello from beautiful Wisconsin! My name is Michelle Pearson, and I am a stay-at-home-mom of two active children, a 4th grade boy and a 4 year old girl. Married 18 years to the best friend a girl could ever ask for. He has put up with my stamping hobby for 18 years! I started out in a shoe box all those years ago, thinking that I could move into a rubbermaid tub and that would be all I would ever need to make cards! These days I’ve got a stamping studio that I love to spend time in, and my Copics alone would fill that little shoe box! I also love digital images....they add such fun options to papercrafting. I teach technique-based workshops from my home weekly. I love Copics, Glitter, Alcohol Inks, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Distress Inks, Paper Embroidery and just about any other crafty option there is for stamping! My style changes with the stamps I’m creating with; I can be clean and simple or incredibly detailed! Other things I enjoy when I’m not stamping would be reading, baking, gardening and biking. I look forward to sharing my creations and getting to know you all!


I am a daughter of a King, Christ Jesus, hence the name of my blog "A Diamond in the Rough". I have been stamping for 2 years and just love it. I got my start at Split Coast Stampers when I saw what these fabulous ladies did with paper I was hooked. I have been working for the same company for over 30 years and I love my job. I have seven sons 6 are waiting for me in Glory and one who is still here with me will be turning 33 this year. I am single, so I clean and cook when I want and create without any one bothering me :).

Thank you so much for having me aboard, and blessing my day.


Welcome Aboard, Ladies!  We are so honored to have you joining us!  It's certainly going to be a fun summer (winter for Maxine)!

Hugs,
Sue

3 comments:

Vivi Casale said...

Congrats to all New DT!!!
specially to my very talented friend Fran!!
I can't wait to see what you all are gonna make to inspire us!!
xxx

Lorie said...

Congrats ladies! Can't wait to see your work!

Kristine said...

Welcome to our M5D family ladies!! I'm so thrilled to have you all aboard--can't wait to see your DT creations and get to know you better *Ü*