Monday, January 21, 2013

Real Wood Paper Flowers

Good Morning!
 Today I am sharing another wood paper project! 

Real Wood Paper Flowers.


I used a variety of paper punches and die cuts from Tim Holtz and Stampin' Up.  I used our Fleece back option for these flowers.  Many people often mistake 'fleece back' for a flannel type backing.  It's not!  :)  It is a very sheer, thin, almost see through backing material.  It is applied to the raw wood sheets to give stability and flexibility.  It is thinner than our paper back option which makes it ideal for this type of project!

The species I chose to work with for the flowers above are  
Just cut/punch and layer them up!  Several of the flowers I did add a little water to the petals to get them to curl up.  When you get the wood damp, it remembers being a round tree and will curl back to it's natural form.  If you want it flat again, just use a warm clothes iron to flatten it back out!

Since I am using a natural wood product for my flowers, I thought it fitting to use some real dried flower centers.  Even though it is winter here, I still had a wealth of resources in my flower gardens.  God certainly does provide, doesn't He?  :)

Have a WONDERFUL day!
Sue

No comments: