Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sitting Duck


I thought it was high time I made a masculine card. With birthdays and Father's Day not too far off, I decided to be a little ahead of the game for once and get a man card made!



I watercolored this stately Mallard with Stampin Up's Marvelous Markers and an Aqua Painter. I also added Stickles for just a little shimmer in the water. I didn't want too much sparkle since it is for a man. Most men aren't into BLING!



A little closer shot of his pretty little bill.



I sewed several layers with a zigzag stitch. I used black eyelets to run this thick twine criss cross on the card. I had to work to get the twine thru the tiny eyelet holes!




Stamps: Stampin' Up! Birds
Papers: SU! Watercolor, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Designer paper
Inks: SU! Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Glorious Green, Brilliant Blue
Accessories/Embellishments: Sewing Machine, Aqua Painter, Sponges, Eyelets, Twine, Hardware, Stickles

No comments: