Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Common Rose Swallowtail Butterfly

For class today students, we are going to learn about the Common Rose Swallowtail Butterfly. HA! I almost sounded like a real teacher there for a minute!! We went on a field trip yesterday to Meijer Gardens with my BFF Andrea and her sweet little boy Drew. Meijer Gardens have their Butterfly Exhibit going on right now. It is my MOST FAVORITE thing. I could spend all day in there! Such a wonderful break from all the cold and snow!

I had to share this gorgeous beauty we spotted yesterday. This is a Common Rose Swallowtail Butterfly from Asia. I haven't been able to determine if this one is male or female yet. I have not found a lot of information on identifying the sex. Sounds like the only visible difference is the female has broader wings. Without another butterly right next to this one, it's hard to determine!





I hope you enjoyed today's lesson! :)

No comments: