Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Handmade Cards for US Soldiers

I created these 3 cards for a KDT Challenge. We've adopted 2 soldiers that are currently serving in Iraq. I think this is such an amazing thing the girls came up with. We have a rotating schedule and each week both soldiers will receive a handmade card from one of us. It's so important for these soldiers, all soldiers to know how much we appreciate what they are doing for us. The sacrifices they make for us, the sacrifices their families make for us. It's a very touching, selfless act performed by many. And they do not hear THANK YOU near enough.

I have also added Vicki's nephew to my personal Soldier card rotation. He is in Afghanistan flying Apache Helicopters. It's a very dangerous job. I am very honored to be able to send him a card as well. I also have a nephew who is in training and wants to serve in Iraq. I think I should add him to my schedule as well.









No comments: