Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers and Flight





How are you on this Wonderful Wednesday? I am doing GREAT! The rain is over, the sun is out and I have some FREE Mommy Time! It doesn't get much better than that!


I recently bought this stamp and finally had the opportunity to use it! I've made 2 cards and I will post the other one shortly. With this one, I wanted to go more with a Simple, Art Gallery type feeling. Very simple and allowing the image to just...be.


I dusted off my brayer and put it back to work. I think the poor thing went into shock being pulled out of retirement! First, I stamped and embossed the image, Secondly, I brayered the entire background in So Saffron. Yes, right over the stamped image! Thirdly, I sponged Old Olive around the edges. Then I sponged Rose Red on top of the Old Olive. I colored the flowers and butterflies with SU Markers. Added a little Crystal Effects and Stickles to make them shine. Layered and sewed the cardstock. Put it all together! Done!


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave a comment so I can go visit you and see what you've been up to on this Wonderful Wednesday!

Stamps: Inkadinkado
Inks: SU! Basic Black, Rose Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow
Papers: SU! Whisper White, So Saffron, Rose Red, Old Olive DS Papers
Accessories/Embellishments: Sewing machine, Sponges, Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Stickles, Crystal Effects

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Sue - What a pretty stamp! I think your dramatic presentation is just right, the brighter colors with the dominance of the black silhouette stamp is beautiful! Nice work! ~Sonya